Sunday, February 1, 2015

How "Dere" You?

As most anime viewers know, there are many different types of anime girls. Everyone already knows about the clumsy, oblivious main guy character that for some weird reason every girl falls for, but there is always a variety of girls who do so. Today I’m going to go over the different types and feel free share which type of “dere” is your favorite.

Tsundere
The typical girl that you will find in almost every single anime and if it doesn’t have one, then I don’t know what anime you’re watching. A tsundere is a girl who’s conflicted with her love towards the main guy. On the inside, she loves him, but on the outside, she too embarrassed to show it. The most common way she hides her love is through violence and very shaky statements such as “I-I-I  d-don’t like you or anything!”

Kuudere
Kuudere is a combination of “cool” and “dere.” As you can probably tell, this means that the girl will probably stay quiet and act unemotional most of the time.  These girls sound pretty, well, cool and all but unfortunately, they never win the guy over. Sad ending for such a chill girl.

Yandere
Last but not least, I’ll be going over yanderes. These are your crazy will do anything for your love girls. And by anything, I mean ANYTHING. This would sound like any guy’s dream, to have a girl be madly in love with him, but if the girl would kill your whole family to just be alone with you, I don’t think that’d be enjoyable.


Well throughout the hundreds of thousands of animes, these three types would and should be the most common. So next time you watch an anime (if you do) don’t forget to lookout for these three archetypes. 

5 comments:

  1. From Phineas and Ferb, what category is the character Candace in?
    P.S, Little Einsteins is the best anime ever made to date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I have not yet seen the Little Einsteins anime, would you recommend it? I hear it has a decent plot and has very great seiyuus. Oh and in my opinion, Candace would definitely have to be a yandere, she's pretty crazy about "busting" her brothers.

      Delete
    2. Yes definitely! Each episode incorporates nature, world cultures and the arts in the format of a silly song. However, if you're looking for a musical anime, watch High School Musical instead. The animation is top notch. Sometimes I even forget that the show is all CGI!

      Delete
  2. Cool post. Thanks to this, I'll probably start noticing this "deres" the next time I watch anime.

    By the way, have you heard of the term "weeaboo"? I think it perfectly describes this post, thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to personally disagree I have never heard the term "weaboo" before but I have heard this word being thrown out a lot and that's "otaku." I myself am not sure why but if you have any ideas feel free to explore.

      Delete